This insane single-take FPV drone shot of Tomáš Slavík attempting an extreme mountain biking run at Red Bull Valparaíso Cerro Abajo in Chile just might be the world’s best downhill footage yet. To make this a reality, Red Bull collaborated with the Dutch Drone Gods, also known as Thomas and Shaggy, to record the run.
Getting drone footage of downhill bikers is nothing new, but this was a single-take, which meant that whenever there was a mistake, the entire run had to be restarted from the beginning. FPV drones requires a near perfect signal for the headset and receiver to communicate seamlessly, so the Dutch Drone Gods had to fly a second larger quadcopter paired with a signal repeater above the main one. Additional signal boosters were also installed on the roof to ensure that there were no disruptions. Flying through a waterfall with an FPV drone most certainly requires just as much skill.
DJI FPV Combo – First-Person View Drone UAV Quadcopter with 4K Camera, S Flight Mode, Super-Wide 150° FOV, HD Low-Latency Transmission, Emergency Brake and Hover, Gray
- IMMERSIVE FLIGHT EXPERIENCE: Feel the thrill of immersive flight provided by the DJI FPV Goggles V2 and DJI FPV’s super-wide 150° FOV, giving you an ultra-smooth, real-time view of your flight.
- 4K/60FPS VIDEO: The DJI FPV aircraft can record 4K/60fps video at up to 120 Mbps, capturing crisp details that make footage look as exhilarating as the flight.
- BRAND-NEW S MODE: Get the dynamic look of FPV footage easily in S mode. This hybrid flight mode combines the freedom of flying manually with the simplified controls of previous DJI drones.
- ADVANCED SAFETY FEATURES: An auxiliary bottom light, Smart Return to Home (RTH), Low Battery RTH, and forward and downward obstacle sensing are all integrated into DJI FPV to help ensure a safe flight, even at high speeds.
- OCUSYNC 3.0 TRANSMISSION SYSTEM: Enjoy crystal-clear real-time and HD Low-Latency Transmission video, even at distances of up to 6.2 miles.
Trying to bring a new perspective to an event known for its iconic POV runs was always going to be a huge challenge. Luckily in Cut Media we found a crew that did not shy away from the unknown and whose creative thinking turned us on to the incredibly talented Dutch Drone Gods. Unrivaled technical ingenuity paired with top of the game piloting skills; we finally had a set up that would give us the chance to achieve something most mere mortals could only dream of,” said Archie Hawkes, social content producer at Red Bull.